Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tmservo

Is Florida the most under appreciated team in the tourney?

Well just think about this. In the last 10 years Florida has won more games then Kentucky. They've been in the nation championship game 3 times, winning twice. Their coach has more championship wins at his age then John Wooden did at the same age. UF has no big basketball tradition and it is a distant second in the public eye fo their athletic department.

Florida really struggles to realize exactly how incredible of a job is going on in their backyard for hoops.

You are right about Florida, Tmservo. Even living in Florida, I don't hear much about them even though they have had an SEC championship year and will give any team trouble with their good guard play and excellent front line length. Donovan has developed this team very nicely under the radar the last few years and now they only have to get by Butler to get to the Final Four. I guess the lack of a big-time NBA lottery type player might account for the lack of attention.

I have a hard time seeing the Tar Heels as flying under the radar. Over the past month or two I think I've seen more about them than anyone but Ohio State.