Photo
- - - - -

Is Florida the most under appreciated team in the tourney?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 tmservo

tmservo

Get to the point.

• Administrators
  • 9,141 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:31 PM

I mean this seriously.. talk about a #2 seed that has went TOTALLY under the radar.

dWNn4yh.gifoje9dJ0.jpg

#2 bucwench

bucwench

Little Wing

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:04 PM

Don't feel so bad. Carolina is also a #2 seed, and nobody gives a crap about them, either.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 Capt. Rino

Capt. Rino

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 15,574 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:09 PM

I would say FSU belongs in that category too.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Crown Royal in one hand - stogie in the other - body thoroughly used up! Shouting, "Woo Hoo! What a ride!"

TAILGATE ANYONE?

Posted Image

#4 tmservo

tmservo

Get to the point.

• Administrators
  • 9,141 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:13 PM

The reason I think Florida has a complaint is that it wasn't too long ago they went back to back championships.

dWNn4yh.gifoje9dJ0.jpg

#5 bucwench

bucwench

Little Wing

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

Well, UNC won the whole thing in 2009 and didn't even make the tourney last year. And of course the year after UF won its 2nd one, they didn't make the tourney either.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 PantherFan

PantherFan

Thought Is Free

• Members
  • 4,866 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

Kansas is somewhat underappreciated as a #1, and now with Richmond, VCU, and FSU left in their weakened bracket, it will continue.

Moving-picture-United-States-of-America-

"The ultimate determinant in the struggle now going on for the world will not be bombs and rockets but a test of wills and ideas, a trial of spiritual resolve: the values we hold, the beliefs we cherish and the ideals to which we are dedicated."  - Ronald Reagan

#7 Double Yoi

Double Yoi

The Bigger Man

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:37 PM

Kansas is somewhat underappreciated as a #1, and now with Richmond, VCU, and FSU left in their weakened bracket, it will continue.

I like this, all the way to the title......which I could care less, but since I am the only one who has them as champs, it will be ok.
I didn't put his wife on display

#8 bucwench

bucwench

Little Wing

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:46 PM

Spiders for the win!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#9 Capt. Rino

Capt. Rino

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 15,574 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:56 PM

I like this, all the way to the title......which I could care less, but since I am the only one who has them as champs, it will be ok.

I think you should check your eyes there Scooter! I have Kansas winning it all! :groucho
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Crown Royal in one hand - stogie in the other - body thoroughly used up! Shouting, "Woo Hoo! What a ride!"

TAILGATE ANYONE?

Posted Image

#10 tmservo

tmservo

Get to the point.

• Administrators
  • 9,141 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:21 PM

Well just think about this. In the last 10 years Florida has won more games then Kentucky. They've been in the nation championship game 3 times, winning twice. Their coach has more championship wins at his age then John Wooden did at the same age. UF has no big basketball tradition and it is a distant second in the public eye fo their athletic department.

Florida really struggles to realize exactly how incredible of a job is going on in their backyard for hoops.

dWNn4yh.gifoje9dJ0.jpg

#11 tmservo

tmservo

Get to the point.

• Administrators
  • 9,141 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:35 AM

Instant classic

dWNn4yh.gifoje9dJ0.jpg

#12 tfree32

tfree32

MVP

• Members
  • 22,495 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:20 AM

Don't feel so bad. Carolina is also a #2 seed, and nobody gives a crap about them, either.

In fairness, that's because UNC sucks ass.

#13 Axe

Axe

TBA

• Members
  • 11,255 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:40 AM

Gators advance after OT.. helluva game and no one noticed:thumbsdown

Erika Nicole 1/09/88-7/05/08

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." -- Henry Ford

Our works in progress http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/

#14 tmservo

tmservo

Get to the point.

• Administrators
  • 9,141 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:42 AM

I said it was an instant classic right at the end. I'm enjoying watching duke implode

dWNn4yh.gifoje9dJ0.jpg

#15 larrd

larrd

Neo-Tub Man

• Members
  • 19,226 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:27 AM

You are right about Florida, Tmservo. Even living in Florida, I don't hear much about them even though they have had an SEC championship year and will give any team trouble with their good guard play and excellent front line length. Donovan has developed this team very nicely under the radar the last few years and now they only have to get by Butler to get to the Final Four. I guess the lack of a big-time NBA lottery type player might account for the lack of attention.

I have a hard time seeing the Tar Heels as flying under the radar. Over the past month or two I think I've seen more about them than anyone but Ohio State.

#16 Capt. Rino

Capt. Rino

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 15,574 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:32 PM

It could be interesting as both Florida and FSU may be in the Elite Eight?

OH did I mention that Bama is in the semi-finals in the NIT? ;)

TAILGATE ANYONE?

Posted Image