Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tmservo

March Madness Challenge

You can blame that loss by FSU on the coach Leonard Hamilton. Why the hell doesn't he use a timeout at the end of regulation and then at the end of OT?

That player Kitchen should NEVER touch the ball at the end as both times at the end of regulation and at the end of OT he held the ball or dribbled the ball to long and never even got a frikkin shot of both times! :facepalm

You call a timeout in both situations and you get the ball to Chris Singleton your only offensive weapon. Like I said if FSU could actually shoot the ball they would win easily as they had twice as many shot attempts then VCU due to their lopsided rebounding advantage, but they only shoot like 25% from the field and about 50% from the free throw line.

I would hate to be an FSU basketball fan as they would drive me crazy!

I mean look at VCU? they call a timeout and come up with a brilliant end bounds play for the win? That's what your timeouts are for and someone really needs to question Hamilton about that. FSU both times at the end of regulation and at the end of OT look all helter skelter and lost and neither time do they get a shot off in time. :facepalm

You have to wonder if Arizona and VCU will have anything left in the tank for UConn and KU respectively.....

UNC beat UK in the hill of chapel back in December, and both teams are vastly improved. If UNC doesn't make priority one taking care of the ball and not turning it over, the much improved UK defense will eat them alive Sunday. Nice to see the Suckeyes bend over for the SEC again, even if Calipari is the biggest crook of them all. Maybe Matta and Tressel can go sweater shopping now at some clearance sales.

If UF gets lazy again on offense and doesn't feed the ball to Tyus and Macklin like they should with that mismatch inside, they'll go home. If they play the inside/out game like they should, they'll beat Butler by 20.

I disagree with Butler as I think they will keep it close and I actually give them the advantage over the Gators because of their team concept. Still after seeping on it FSU is the strangest enigma to me???? A team with that much athletic talent they should be a top ten team, but they cannot shoot the frikkin ball from the field nor the foul line. They absolutely bestroy teams on the glass with 2nd and 3rd shots but they're all clanking off the front of the rim.

I see the UNC vs UK game as another great game as they're both peaking at the same time. That will be a fun one to watch just like the UK game last night. Interesting about that Brandon Knight from Ft. Lauderdale being the 1st ever National POY from Florida. there have been a few great ones like Artis Gilmore, Darrel Dawkins, etc. That Liggins player from Chicago is the man and Harrelson is a man inside!

UConn were seeded ninth in the Big East Tornament because they were 4-9 in the regular season during conference play. All 16 teams play in the Big East Tornament. Seeds 9-16 have to win 5 games to win the Big East Tournament.

Seeds 5-8 get a bye and have to win 4 games. Seeds 1-4 get two byes and automatically make the final 8 and only have to win 3 games to win the Big East tournament. UConn won 5 games to win the Big East Conference tournament but still was only 9-9 in Big East play.

In conferences with more than 8 teams, some conferences allow only the top 8 teams in the conference tournament and leave the lower seeds out of the conference tournament.

Kansas is only down by 4.

I was not an athletic basketball player but I could beat Kansas blindfolded from the free throw line. Every guard I played against plus every guard on my teams could hit in the high 70s and low 80 percent from the free line. The better players could be in the high 80s with the very best players in the 90 percent range. Only the big guys were lousy free throwers but that was in the low 60s.