Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tmservo

March Madness Challenge

Never fails, Duke and/or AZ screws me. Geez, I picked the wrong upset going with SDSU (although they gave UCONN a run for it). I'm still in with the possible points but I need a bunch of things to go my way now. Thank goodness the Gators came out in OT and kicked butt. Wow, good tourney so far though.

Great halftime adjustments by Arizona last night! They controlled the boards in the 2nd half as that's what was killing them in the 1st half as Duke was scoring way too much on 2nd and 3rd chances. Arizona completely dominated the boards in the 2nd half. Arizona got very physical in the 2nd half and Duke got rattled.

Florida was very fortunate last night too. They almost blew it in regulation, but then they dominated the OT. They have the ball with 18 seconds to go in regulation, which is a ton of time, but their frikkin point guard dribbles the ball himself until there is 7 seconds to go then he decides to drive and he dishes the ball of to Parsons with 3 seconds out at the wing, which is not enough time to get a good shot! :facepalm You have to start your play with a minimum of 10 seconds to get a good look and a possible rebound.

BYU was totally out of gas though and the Gators dominated OT. Butler will be a real teat for the Gators though as Butler is solid as they play great team basketball. They always seem to get a good shot.

Hey, that's what a good team does--mess up your shots and your rhythm. Hopefully my Heels can keep that up in the 2nd half. But right now, they look OUTSTANDING!

Don't kid yourself as UNC is not that good. Marquette has just been shooting bricks. I played basketball for many years and I can tell when a team is just stinking the court up.

UH??? I lived in North Carolina for a few years and I knew plenty of people who knew absolutely nothing about basketball up there. ;) I am not saying UNC is not looking good, but it's more to do with the piss poor play on Marquette in my opinion as Marquette has had the shots they're just throwing up bricks as they missed easy 4 to 5 footers badly in the 1st half.

Kentucky believes they should be there. They matchup pretty well with OSU as I was not sure they would. Great game! Makes up for the previous two.

IF Florida State could shoot the ball they would be a great team. they can really play defense and rebound, but they're terrible shooting the ball.

What a maroon...

ESPN’s Jay Bilas Rips NCAA Selection Committee

“I’ve seen UAB play. I’ve seen VCU play,” Bilas added. “All of the teams on the ‘snub list’ should have gotten in before those two. All of them. There’s a reason none of us brought up UAB and VCU as having a chance to get in — and it’s because they had no chance to get in. The committee has gone against their own principles.”

http://www.mediabistro.com/sportsnewser/espns-jay-bilas-rips-ncaa-selection-committee_b6687