Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tmservo

March Madness Challenge

1. Palm Harbor native, Tarpon Springs High grad...

Sooooo, now it's clear. You're a yank. :)

We went opposite directions, bud. I started in Carolina and moved to Tampa, and you went the opposite direction.

Funny conversation today. I explained to all the Jacksonvillian dudes where the term "Cracker" comes from. That got some oohs and ahs as they realized it's NOT really a racial slur and is in fact a slur in lieu of a slur.

Anyway.

I can now safely assert, that you PF, have no inclination to NOT be a dookie thanks to the fact that you were not born and bred a Tarheel. It is by no fault of your own that you think there are respectable dookies; in the end there are only dookies that keep you up late at night and dookies that didn't come out right. You shall always have to hide a dookie, even if it has the best intentions because a dookie is at best a stain and at worst a pain.

I have always liked Duke as I went to their basketball camp for two summers in 1974 and 1975. Of course that preceeded Coack K as Bill Foster was their HC then and it was Bill Fosters basketball camp. It was a great camp and I really liked their campus. Thought about going there, but was not offered a full scholarship there nor was I offered a full scholarship at Bama so I went to Troy instead on a full scholarship and played there.

At their camp they had some great guest instructors like David Thompson of NC State, Tate Armstrong from Duke, John Lucas from Maryland, Phil Ford and Walter Davis from UNC and others I cannot remember.

At their camp they had some great guest instructors like David Thompson of NC State, Tate Armstrong from Duke, John Lucas from Maryland, Phil Ford and Walter Davis from UNC and others I cannot remember.

Damn Rino, that's one impressive list. Pretty cool that they had all those fellas there from other schools.

No Monte Towe?

And Sweet D was awesome. :)

I think they did have Monte Towe there. I cannot remember everyone there as that's been 37 years ago and I was only 16 at the time.

There were tons of high school kids from all over the country there mainly from the east of course. I was amazed at the talent of HS kids there. There were kids who would have been superstars in the area of Florida I played in who had trouble making the starting lineups at their schools.

Every time I see a game at Duke I can say hey I played on that court! :)

Damn! I actually has Washington beating UNC! :(

I think they did have Monte Towe there. I cannot remember everyone there as that's been 37 years ago and I was only 16 at the time....

"I think"???? If they had Monte you should remember. If I met the guy who invented the alley-oop, I think I'd remember. You're talking about one of the LEGENDS of basketball.

Personally....I don't want to sound like an ass kisser, but every time you tell a story, it sounds like something I would've liked to have lived. Good on you, buddy.

Just pointing out to you whiny pussies that I am DFL at this point. That means if you turn the results upside down I am fuckin' first bitches!

No No No.

There will be heavy competition for DFL. I will lead the league in DFL.

You want a true reflection of just how bad the economy is? Today over at T-W Cable Arena, you could have walked up and bought a ticket to get in, with both Duke and UNC playing. There were plenty of empty seats, maybe close to 1,500-2,000 in the upper reaches in the building. In this basketball hotbed, to see any tourney game with either Duke or UNC playing, much less both playing, with tickets available at the door is unheard of...if T-W wasn't sold out, I doubt many, if any, other venues from the past few days were a complete sellout either.

But the economy is coming back ya know....:rolleyes:

A great atmosphere regardless and two great games.

That is unbelievable PF! Especially in Charlotte. Is there any doubt the NCAA tourney is one of the best sporting events in the world with games like the Duke vs. Michigan game and the Aizona vs. Texas game? That's what it's all about!

Time to give VCU some credit? I blasted them and said they didn't deserve to be in the tourney over teamslike Colorado, but they in the sweet 16 as they not only destroyed Georgetown in the opening round, but they destroyed Purdue today.

You want a true reflection of just how bad the economy is? Today over at T-W Cable Arena, you could have walked up and bought a ticket to get in, with both Duke and UNC playing. There were plenty of empty seats, maybe close to 1,500-2,000 in the upper reaches in the building. In this basketball hotbed, to see any tourney game with either Duke or UNC playing, much less both playing, with tickets available at the door is unheard of...if T-W wasn't sold out, I doubt many, if any, other venues from the past few days were a complete sellout either.

But the economy is coming back ya know....:rolleyes:

A great atmosphere regardless and two great games.

Dude? Was that a goal tending today for Henson? Sure seemed like it from where I was sitting.

ALL season he's been working toward getting that tip on the inbounds. Finally it comes today with seven or so seconds left. THEN, he touches the ball going out of bounds and goal tends at the end. WTF????

Henson touching the ball going out of bounds was bad enough, but it did look like a goaltend as well, but it wouldn't have mattered since the shot was easily a 2, the shooters foot was inside the 3 point line. But before that, the long halfcourt shot that Henson touched the ball on....WTF was the kid thinking chucking the ball from halfcourt with 3 full seconds left? One extra pass gets a decent look facing the basket from 3.

We've seen alot of boneheaded plays in the last few seconds of games the past couple of days....strange.

Not wanting to look ahead too much as anything can happen, but a matchup in the semifinals between Ohio State and Duke would be a great one to watch. Rigth now Ohio State looks tough to beat. The possible UNC vs Ohio State also should be a good one.

If Chris Singleton improves and gets healthy FSU could be a scary team with that defense!

The way UK showed up and played defense against WVU in the second half of that game leads me to believe they can and will hang with the Suckeyes. Calipari may be a crook, but he can outcoach Matta without blinking, and so can Roy Williams for that matter, and let's not give Coach K a whole week to prep for them in a national semifinal if they got that far, which they won't.