- - - - -

Red Lobster

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_LanceUppercut_*

Guest_LanceUppercut_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:59 PM

Why is it every time I eat there I feel like I'm getting ripped off?

My mother-in-law loves it and wanted to go there for her birthday dinner. Their portions are a joke! I had the Admiral's feast, and let me tell you, a feast it wasn't. I had 4 or 5 medium/small sized shrimp, a couple of fried clam strips, some fried bay scallops, a fillet of some white fish, and a baked potato...total price, $29.95.

I wanted to add a 1/2lb of snow crab legs but couldn't justify paying the additional $9.95.

Does this look like a $30 meal to you?

IMG_0797.JPG

#2 RichLP

RichLP

Uber Guber

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:07 PM

My mother-in-law loves it and wanted to go there for her birthday dinner. Their portions are a joke! I had the Admiral's feast, and let me tell you, a feast it wasn't. I had 4 or 5 medium/small sized shrimp, a couple of fried clam strips, some fried bay scallops, a fillet of some white fish, and a baked potato...total price, $29.95.

I wanted to add a 1/2lb of snow crab legs but couldn't justify paying the additional $9.95.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]267[/ATTACH]

You got robbed... the Admiral's Feast here in Miami is only $16.99...

Or were you stretching the truth a little?

#3 deleteme

deleteme

No, you piss off

• Members
  • 7,704 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

Darden group, also a few other restaurants in their chain you prolly go to as well
  • larrd likes this
you're just an asshole. I am too so glad to meet you.

#4 UncleBuc

UncleBuc

MVP

• Members
  • 12,679 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:07 PM

Did you see NYC there? I miss that chap.

350x-2512.jpg?w=250

#5 Capt. Rino

Capt. Rino

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 15,574 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:19 PM

Next time try Long John Silvers! :facepalm
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Crown Royal in one hand - stogie in the other - body thoroughly used up! Shouting, "Woo Hoo! What a ride!"

TAILGATE ANYONE?

Posted Image

#6 Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa

Out Of The Doghouse

• Members
  • 2,219 posts
  • LocationBrandon Florida

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

I don't go there much, but went last week for the all ya can eat Shrimp. I sure got my moneys worth. They TRY to take their time bringing you more Shrimp, so you will get full. I flat told the waitress, if she wanted a Tip, she best bring on the additional Shrimp fast, or else no Tip.
  • nnud28 likes this

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida
711 Westbrook Ave
Brandon, FL 33511
813-655-8777

www.saferoofcleaning.com

#7 SF

SF

Snook is my Bitch

• Members
  • 15,917 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

I tried clicking on that link and was told I didn't have permission - what's up with that?

The night before Junior headed off for the North, the Mrs said we should go out to dinner. She wasn't feeling well, wasn't up to cooking and we rarely go out for meals. so why not?

Where to? Someplace close she says.

Olive Garden? Red Lobster? Applebees? of some chain steak place.

Junior suggest Olive Garden. The salad is pretty ok, you get a bunch of it and the bread as I recall was ok as well. The food - I can take or leave.

She orders shrimp something or another parmeasan or however you spell it. It comes in a bed of pasta and some sauce and when it arrived it looked like it had been sitting under the lights for an hour.

Being an unadventurous eater, I ordered the Chicken Parm as did Junior.

Two slabs of breaded chicken with some cheese on top that looked like it was doled out by Simon LaGree. Cutting through it would have been better accomplished with a hacksaw. Frozen shit from a plastic bag and some sort of noodles with what was closer to catsup than sauce. What a shit meal. Six Mozzerella sticks/triangle whatever - $10.00 for an appetizer that more sucked out my appetite. Cheese on the bottom of a breaded coffin - they had been sitting a while as well.

I ate it all because I was hungry enough to eat a cardboard box.

We get home and an hour later, she's sick and I have a glob of paste in my gut for the ages.

Shit food, marginal service, overpriced. What do their TV ads say "You're family."

The reaming my ass took in finally expelling that garbage was only surpassed by the one I got at the cash register on the way out.

#8 bucsgrrl

bucsgrrl

MVP

• Members
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

I think a lot of the chain restaurants are horrible. My list of Never Again includes Red Lobster, Applebees, and now Chili's. A couple Thursdays ago, we stopped into a Chili's. There were several families waiting for tables, including a very pregnant woman. The hostess ignored us for a few minutes, but I spotted 4 empty tables, so I elbowed the husband to go get on the list. Without even looking up, she said "It will be at LEAST 20 minutes." When the empty tables were pointed out, Hostess said, "Our servers are much too busy to take more tables." LOL! They weren't even offering drinks in the "lobby."

We left and went up the street to O'Brien's for some great fish n chips, a $6 pitcher of Killians, and a nice server who even sat at our table joking around for awhile.

#9 Cantankeris

Cantankeris

Behind getting ahead.

• Administrators
  • 14,531 posts
  • LocationThe Belly of the Beast

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

Best thing about moving to the metro DC area is we've eaten at a chain restaurant twice in three months.

Just avoid them and give your money to locals who give a shit whether you liked your meal or not.

#10 tmservo

tmservo

Get to the point.

• Administrators
  • 9,141 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

Almost all chains are a rip off. I grab some lunches fast-food, but if you're going to really pay for a meal, a chain is a rip off. Now, there are "micro-chains" that I don't really count; Ruth Chris for example, which is like less then 50 restaurants. If you go to one of those, fine. But if you're walking into somewhere that has something like 300 franchises, generally it's crap.

Here in KC, I've got tons and tons of great BBQ around. Sure, they have Franchises.. of a sort. There are 6 Gates, several Arthur Bryant, Zardaz, Oklahoma Joes.. but all local, all good.

If you've got the option to deal with a local, or a local franchise, take it every time.

dWNn4yh.gifoje9dJ0.jpg

#11 Bucaroo Bonzai

Bucaroo Bonzai

Slap Bet Commissioner

• Members
  • 13,981 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

Thank God we moved to an area with real restaurants.

Chain restaurants are essentially 'fast food'. Their menu is better, but it is essentially factory/processed food bought in bulk with better services. We've got a smokehouse/BBQ chain here called 'Sticky Fingers' that is decent, but then the sauces are all from some factory and taste like crap. Will have to bring in some NC/VA vinegar based sauce next time I go. They have about 15-20 in their chain. On a side note, in Richmond VA, Arbys actually has real food. When I left VA, the high end steak house was advertising "grain fed" beef while Arbys was advertising "grass fed". The owner bought the franchise about 50 years ago, and as a result can sell whatever he wants so pretty much everything is cooked fresh. It's bizarre for those of us who've known Arbys for grey meat with pump cheese on top.

Oh, and WTF is with Chinese restaurants these days? They all have the exact same menu and sell the same food. It all tastes like crap and they serve it in either a brown sauce (soy), red/sweet sauce, or clear. There's almost no difference in flavor between menu items either. Orange chicken has the same sauce as beef and brocholi, and when you ask for spicy, it is still bland. I used to love Chinese food, but I gave up. I swear there must be some sort of Chinese food mafia. Japanese, Thai, and Korean are usually pretty good though.

#12 Cantankeris

Cantankeris

Behind getting ahead.

• Administrators
  • 14,531 posts
  • LocationThe Belly of the Beast

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

... We've got a smokehouse/BBQ chain here called 'Sticky Fingers' that is decent, but then the sauces are all from some factory and taste like crap... .

Went to the original (I think) 2 at Atlantic Beach many years ago and thought they had the best ribs I'd ever eaten...falling off the bone and all that. Returned to Jax years later to find they had grown into a chain and started serving processed garbage.

#13 Bucaroo Bonzai

Bucaroo Bonzai

Slap Bet Commissioner

• Members
  • 13,981 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

I'd like to hope that the meats are at least freshly smoked. We're up here in Fernandina, so there are a good number of non-chain restaurants at pretty much every price point.

#14 Java

Java

Traded to the Texans

• Banned
  • 2,138 posts
  • LocationAlls de veys ahrount

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

I really think Red Lobster is poor value for money.   The food is always mediocre.  However, the bread is friggin delicious!

I hear they are in financial trouble and may actually file for bankruptcy.

#15 Cutnup

Cutnup

Pro Bowl Player

• Members
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:10 AM

I don't usually eat at chains but when I do it's always at outback. There food is consistently good and you can't beat the special, a steak, baked potato, and salad for 11.99. Also the bread is pretty good but here in Vero Beach you have to request the honey butter.

#16 nnud28

nnud28

MVP

• Members
  • 31,334 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:10 PM

I really think Red Lobster is poor value for money.   The food is always mediocre.  However, the bread is friggin delicious!

I hear they are in financial trouble and may actually file for bankruptcy.

I agree wonder what Johnny Manziel thinks 

“I don’t know who best fits Tampa Bay right now. It would be a tough decision if they go with a quarterback,” Gruden said. “I like Mike Glennon personally.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users