Photo
- - - - -

Hey, Noles Fans

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 bucwench

bucwench

Little Wing

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:24 AM

Congratulations. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 Cantankeris

Cantankeris

Behind getting ahead.

• Administrators
  • 14,798 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:24 PM

So much for congratulating them. They got a beat down on Sunday. They have seriously got to find some offense. I remember Kichen and Singleton being pretty solid, but not in this game.

Hey, Wench, what do you think of the Drew thing? I hated the kid at point, even as a backup, but I thought Gminski actually might have been onto something in that telecast. Interesting perspective.

#3 bucwench

bucwench

Little Wing

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:09 AM

I missed that part. What did Gminski say?

BTW, I think they will be better off as a team without Drew II.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 Cantankeris

Cantankeris

Behind getting ahead.

• Administrators
  • 14,798 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:41 AM

I missed that part. What did Gminski say?

BTW, I think they will be better off as a team without Drew II.

He hit on it a couple times during the game. He said he thought the fanbase was partially to blame for his departure and the manner in which he left. I got the impression that he thought the fans basically shamed him out of town and that it intensified after he got benched following the Tech game. I don't keep up with any of the Heel message boards or any other media. Who knows what a bunch of college kids would post on things like Twitter, Facebook and the like. If they can drive a gay kid at Rutgers to kill himself, it certainly stacks up that they could run an underperforming point guard out at a school where hoops is the most important thing on the planet.

Gminski also pointed out that both Marshall and Drew were drastically different from what we've been accustomed to with Lawson and Felton. Both those guys were pace setters as much as passers. That's very true as Drew always reminded me of Brian Morrison more than anyone else.

All that said, he was a miserable ball handler, late passer, skittish shooter and never showed any sort of leadership prowess. He was a solid defender and that's been as rare as good free throw shooters in the Roy Williams era.

#5 bucwench

bucwench

Little Wing

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:16 AM

Orrrrr, maybe he left because he was pissed about being benched? :)

I was not really a Drew II fan--and he came with a lot of hype. However, you can't be a hack basketball player and get a scholarship to play at that level , so of course I knew he had skills. He just seemed to have this cocky, entitled attitude all the time, and I think it turned off the fans.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 Cantankeris

Cantankeris

Behind getting ahead.

• Administrators
  • 14,798 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:34 AM

...He just seemed to have this cocky, entitled attitude all the time....

Precisely what I didn't like about him, as well.

Well said.