Photo
- - - - -

Who else is a Heels fan?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Cantankeris

Cantankeris

Behind getting ahead.

• Administrators
  • 14,798 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:26 PM

Is it just me, or has this team sucked for two years because of Larry Drew?

Dude fouls out of games, sucks at the free throw line, doesn't get to it enough, can't make clutch shots, doesn't push the tempo, leaves his jock on the floor on a regular basis defensively, and always has an "It's not my fault" look on his face.

#2 bucwench

bucwench

Little Wing

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:35 PM

It's not only because of Drew II, but he is certainly no Ty Lawson. And I'm not sure if maybe Roy isn't toward the end of his coaching career.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 Monica

Monica

Nut Cracker

• Moderators
  • 8,561 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:31 PM

Don't watch much anymore until March Madness, but I think a few people on here have heard me mention how much I hate Duke in the past. ;) Having lived in NC a couple times, I had to choose. Oh and have I mentioned I HATE DUKE! :D
Silence! I Kill You!

~Achmed

#4 bucwench

bucwench

Little Wing

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:42 PM

Can I give Monica 100,000 rep for being a Dook hater? :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 Cantankeris

Cantankeris

Behind getting ahead.

• Administrators
  • 14,798 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:52 PM

It's not only because of Drew II, but he is certainly no Ty Lawson. And I'm not sure if maybe Roy isn't toward the end of his coaching career.

I don't know if Roy is toward the end of his career, but I certainly am. NOT a fan of the kids he's brought in the last few years or how he's coached or utilized them. I'd greatly prefer we bring in some guys who aren't on the NBA conveyor belt. Don't care for those types regardless of talent.

Back to Drew....our system relies on tempo and a PG who is willing to drive to the hole with the game on the line. He's incapable of both and his passing is fucking atrocious for long periods of time.

Don't watch much anymore until March Madness, but I think a few people on here have heard me mention how much I hate Duke in the past. ;) Having lived in NC a couple times, I had to choose. Oh and have I mentioned I HATE DUKE! :D

It's a completely normal reaction, Mon. That's your body's natural defense mechanism kicking in.

#6 jaybuc1

jaybuc1

MVP

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:37 PM

What a brutal loss last night, god I fucking hate the fucking Dookie Devils.
Its the whiskey talking!

#7 bucwench

bucwench

Little Wing

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:55 PM

I fucking hate them, too. And I decided last night that the primary requesite they seem to use when recruiting is that the boys have to be hideous-looking. I mean, is there a team out there with an uglier group of players? If I didn't hate them so much, I would feel sorry for them.

Posted Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 tundra1

tundra1

• Members
  • 16,999 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:10 PM

I fucking hate them, too. And I decided last night that the primary requesite they seem to use when recruiting is that the boys have to be hideous-looking. I mean, is there a team out there with an uglier group of players? If I didn't hate them so much, I would feel sorry for them.

Posted Image

What a cute rat. He'd look good on a plate, braised in a sauce.

#9 nnud28

nnud28

MVP

• Members
  • 31,433 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:19 PM

I love heels

Posted Image

#10 UncleBuc

UncleBuc

MVP

• Members
  • 12,686 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:12 PM

My father in law is born and raised in NC, and lives and breaths Tarheel basketball. I personally could give a shit about college basketball, but it's all the guy ever wants to talk about, so I'm sort of forced into having some knowledge. I know he was tickled they beat Kentucky earlier in the season. Says he hates them as much as Duke.

350x-2512.jpg?w=250

#11 bucwench

bucwench

Little Wing

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:14 PM

He must have been a Heels fan during the 70s and early 80s then. That's when that was a heated rivalry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 UncleBuc

UncleBuc

MVP

• Members
  • 12,686 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:48 AM

He must have been a Heels fan during the 70s and early 80s then. That's when that was a heated rivalry.

He goes way back. Fayettville born and raised.

350x-2512.jpg?w=250

#13 bucwench

bucwench

Little Wing

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:20 AM

He goes way back. Fayettville born and raised.

Durham for me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 nnud28

nnud28

MVP

• Members
  • 31,433 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:04 PM

My father in law is born and raised in NC, and lives and breaths Tarheel basketball.

Why does this picture pop in my head

Posted Image

#15 bucwench

bucwench

Little Wing

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:06 PM

Pffft. Replace that with PBR, and maybe...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#16 bucwench

bucwench

Little Wing

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:31 AM

It's a great day to be a TARHEEL! And the odds are pretty good we'll be playing this same game next Sunday afternoon in the ACC Tourney finals.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#17 Cantankeris

Cantankeris

Behind getting ahead.

• Administrators
  • 14,798 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:45 PM

It's a great day to be a TARHEEL! And the odds are pretty good we'll be playing this same game next Sunday afternoon in the ACC Tourney finals.

Let's hope not. I'd like to think we could be challenged in the tourney final.

Maybe FSU?

BTW, how fuckin silly is it that we skipped all the way to #7 after beating those clowns? I thought it would never happen, but the hoops rankings have gone the way of the football rankings....all hype, no quality.

The tourney will tell the story. Didn't Butler teach us anything last season?

#18 Cantankeris

Cantankeris

Behind getting ahead.

• Administrators
  • 14,798 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:48 PM

BTW, gotta hand it to Roy. I didn't think he could get these kids to play together, but somehow he pulled it off. I still don't like some of his recruits, but I gotta say this Harrison Barnes kid has demonstrated a completely different demeanor than I thought he might.

#19 Capt. Rino

Capt. Rino

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 15,574 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:01 PM

Why so quiet in this thread now? :groucho
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Crown Royal in one hand - stogie in the other - body thoroughly used up! Shouting, "Woo Hoo! What a ride!"

TAILGATE ANYONE?

Posted Image

#20 bucwench

bucwench

Little Wing

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:15 PM

:mad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]