Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rene Gnam

Rays vs Rangers

Blaming the UMP for being in a 5-0 hole isn't very manly.

You could say that but as soon as that call was made I said to myself, there goes the game. They were beating up on Lee in the 1st and if they could have scored that first run, it would have changed the dynamics of the game. Especially if Lee walked in the first run. A guy who has walked less than 20 batters in over 200 innings pitched. It would have put Lee out of his game and we'd see a different score right now.

I'm not saying the Rays would win, I'm just saying it pisses me off when stupid bullshit calls by the ump turn the momentum around.

Blaming the UMP for being in a 5-0 hole isn't very manly.

neither is having a yankees avatar

You could say that but as soon as that call was made I said to myself, there goes the game. They were beating up on Lee in the 1st and if they could have scored that first run, it would have changed the dynamics of the game. Especially if Lee walked in the first run. A guy who has walked less than 20 batters in over 200 innings pitched. It would have put Lee out of his game and we'd see a different score right now.

I'm not saying the Rays would win, I'm just saying it pisses me off when stupid bullshit calls by the ump turn the momentum around.

yeah I was thinking the same thing, when you force Cliff Lee to do something he doesn't like doing he panics and gives up some runs(sometimes in bunches), and I'm not saying the Rays would win or that the Rays are playing great and just being screwed, I'm saying if they weren't getting screwed it would be closer

neither is having a yankees avatar

yeah I was thinking the same thing, when you force Cliff Lee to do something he doesn't like doing he panics and gives up some runs(sometimes in bunches), and I'm not saying the Rays would win or that the Rays are playing great and just being screwed, I'm saying if they weren't getting screwed it would be closer

Again, it wasn't ball 4. What makes you think Pena does anything else but strike out there? Close calls happen and in a 5 to 1 game it wasn't the difference.

With the bases loaded and no outs you have to drive in that run. Standing there with the bat on your shoulder and whinning about a previous pitch won't get you very far.

No way. He was rounding third before the LF even picked up the ball. You have to take chances when your up against a pitcher like Lee.

Barlett is sleep walking. He wasn't ready for the pitch by S Rod there either. :sleep

i wont disagree with you h/o with one out and bases loaded you would hope pena could get at least a fly ball for the runner to score.... or possibly a base hit to score two..... i know a reach for pena but it could happen

the rays radio guys SUCK!

i hopped in the car after the second inning and turned on the came... it was about a 5 minute ride to where i was goin to eat but within those 5 mins i got this gem from the rays radio guys : "rays hitting against less the first 2 innings have actually been decently good"

yeah a couple of hits and 5 SO's :rotflmao:rotflmao

Just got home from the game, someone who watched it on TV tell me what happened with Pena in the first inning? Did he get hit with a pitch in the hand or did it hit the bat? Or did it hit neither? The general concensus in the stands was that he would strike out and that once Foley held Bartlett the Rays would not get a run across. We could see the play unfolding in front of us, if given the go sign the entire way to 3rd Bartlett has an excellent chance of beating the throw, in any case it will take a perfect throw to get him, if he is out we still get Crawford to 3rd and Longo to 2nd on the throw home. This is Maddon ball, inconsistent, mind-fucking-boggling Maddon ball, will it win more games than lose over a season? Sure, but they are now 2 games from elimination. I keep hearing about the running Rays, manufacturing runs, being aggressive, well their coaching staff choked in game 1, we will see what tomorrow brings.