Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamezbuc

Awesome!

I liked the physical play. Ranger Danger looked real good. Street Louis is the catalyst for this team, and Vin looks real good on his finishes. That second goal setup was phenomenal. Brodeur and that D never look that foolish. We're gonna miss Boyle, but I hope he doesn't come back early and not be able to play his game.

I liked the physical play. Ranger Danger looked real good. Street Louis is the catalyst for this team, and Vin looks real good on his finishes. That second goal setup was phenomenal. Brodeur and that D never look that foolish. We're gonna miss Boyle, but I hope he doesn't come back early and not be able to play his game.

Tort's was quoted in the paper as saying this is the most physical Lightning team he has had since he's been here! I love that! :) Getting Andre Roy back helps temendously IMHO along with Ranger and Gratton! :thumbsup

These guys will help keep the goons off of Marty, Brad and Vinny!B)

This season all depends on the golaies Dennis and Holmquist IMHO as they have the pieces in place everywhere else. It will hurt not having Boyle for the first month, but hopefully they can keep pace.

I do not understand how ESPN the mag could have them 3rd in the division, but I guess they're not too high on the goalies.

I totally agree with you, BUCarino. The biggest problem has been lack of the goons. I know the Lightnings won the Stanley Cup with only having one goon with Roy. Ever since that year, the other teams know how good the Lightnings are with scoring. They would romp all over them. When Roy came back last year, he was the one that had to make a statement. They made the playoffs. With hockey, you have to be physical like the Bucs defense.

Great game and Holmer is going to surprise the shit out of everyone this year! I saw flashes of brilliance in the kid last year and knew he was only going to get better. He single handidily kept us in the game last night and then Vinny caught fire.

If we keep up this physical play, Vinny and Marty stay hot, and Holmer continues to play the way he did last night then this is going to be one hell of a year! Go Bolts!

Happy from what I'm reading...could only catch a few minutes of the game due to music rehearsal, but I did catch Lecavaliers first goal. Sadly I'll probably miss tonights game going out to dinner for my wife's birthday.

Got to hope that they Bolts put a hurting on the Thrashers tonight, and send a message in their division. Atlanta generally plays like goons, and it would be nice to see them get a dose of their own medicine.

Miss the game last night. From what it looks, they got it together.
That would be an understatement! They are looking awesome! They're hitting, they're swarming the puck, they're putting people in the boards, they're playing D, Holmer is only letting in freak goals, and our forwards are playing lights out!

It's good to see Prospal back in form after his small slump last year and also seeing Brad putting some pucks in the net. I see things only getting better this year since we're playing lights out without our best D-lineman (Boyle) and Craig is also out with a herniated disk in his back.

Our first line now has help and we have a legitimate goal keeper! I'm stoked!!!! :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Did anyone else hear during the last broadcast that during the lockout Vinny played in the Russian league on a team with Ilya Kovalchuk? Sounds like that team had a nasty first line.

Hope the boys come out with the same fire we've seen in the first 2 games tonight against those stinkin Panthers.

1-0 Bolts after the 1st period

2-1 Lightning after 2nd period: Gratton with both goals

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. 2-1 the score stays through the 3rd. Holmqvist looked stellar again with 30 saves and the only goal a fluky deflection off of a defender and trickling through his legs. 3 straight wins to start the season!