Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

acaton

I Build Custom Fishing Rods

To start I don't have the wrapper to do fly rods so in honesty I am not sure fly rods are something I feel comfortable with...sorry.

Cabela's and many upper end sporting goods retailer has some pretty good stuff available to the public. However, they do not use upper end components the end result would be a rod that doesn't appeal to the mainstream buyer. The assembled rod would cost too much for most consumers.

I have built rods (all of mine) with guide sets costing $145.00 for 11 guides, some blanks can run as much as $200.00 each. No, most custom rods don't need to cost that much but some can. Keep in mind that I am talking components not rods here.

IMO once you get past $285.00 one is buying decoration and "name" components.

Give me this weekend and I'll put together a general listing and a photo or two.

Thanks.

We go on a family fishing trip every other year, hunting for muskies, northern pike, walleyes, etc. I might be interested in a badass rod that would make the other guys on the trip jealous.

Sounds like a Seeker blank model 706 or 707 - 6' to 7', fast action. SIC guides by Fuji, Fuji reel seat, a double diamond wrap with hook keeper, and a rubber butt cap.

This blank is a graphite/glass composite with a gentle tip and big shoulders when having to punish a big fish is required.

Spinning or casting?

I use this blank for my kingfishing eauipment so I'll have some pictures of this blank here soon.

They have water in Nebraska...I did not know that :winkwink

We do indeed. We actually go up to Minnesota for fishing trips however, as it's too warm in Nebraska for the types of fish we like to fish for to thrive.

Sounds like a Seeker blank model 706 or 707 - 6' to 7', fast action. SIC guides by Fugi, Fugi reel seat, a double diamond wrap with hook keeper, and a rubber butt cap.

This blank is a graphite/glass composite with a gentle tip and big shoulders when having to punish a big fish is required.

Spinning or casting?

I use this blank for my kingfishing eauipment so I'll have some pictures of this blank here soon.

The rods I use tend to be between 6 and 7 feet long. I've used both spinning and casting rods, but spinning seem to be easier to cast on a boat with limited space for it.

How much does a set up like you described run?

We do indeed. We actually go up to Minnesota for fishing trips however, as it's too warm in Nebraska for the types of fish we like to fish for to thrive.

The rods I use tend to be between 6 and 7 feet long. I've used both spinning and casting rods, but spinning seem to be easier to cast on a boat with limited space for it.

How much does a set up like you described run?

Around $245.00 and up to $300.00 depend on the guide set. Most won't see or feel the difference between the mid range guide sets and the extreme upper end sets. Reel seats are prtetty much standard and a blank like this is a brute with style.

Here is what I am talking about:

SS-CLBF706 at Click on "Rods" after ya get there.

Copy and past this http://seekerrods.com/rods.html

This blank runs $115.00

Around $245.00 and up to $300.00 depend on the guide set. Most won't see or feel the difference between the mid range guide sets and the extreme upper end sets. Reel seats are prtetty much standard and a blank like this is a brute with style.

Here is what I am talking about:

SS-CLBF706 at Click on "Rods" after ya get there.

Copy and past this http://seekerrods.com/rods.html

This blank runs $115.00

That sounds pretty cool....and it would be the rod, reel and whole setup? That's about twice what I paid at Cabela's for my current setup. Is it worth the price difference?

That sounds pretty cool....and it would be the rod, reel and whole setup? That's about twice what I paid at Cabela's for my current setup. Is it worth the price difference?

The $115.00 is just the bare blank not a fishing rod.

Upon further reflection I don't think it is fair that I consume server space with pictures, web links, and so on.

I think it's best to just say if someone is interested then PM me with your contact information and we can discuss the possibilities off line.

Does that seem a better situation to you guys?

I did that, you never responded. Not to call bullshit but do you DO IT or are you just Blowing fucking smoke? It doesn't take server space HERE because your dam pictures have to be hosted elsewhere anyway so I CALL WHAT THE FUCK on you.

I have no PM from you in my message in-box.

Or did you not see post #9...SO FUCK YOU!

Hidden
I'm confused... Does FUCK YOU trump a WHAT THE FUCK??:stoned

Is that like paper vs rock or somthin? :D

APPARENTLY I am Paper and he's rock or one confused motherfucker.

here's the pm.

Thrus 07 08 2010

Do you make Fly Rods? If so what kind of customization? Can a name be put on one? and what are the prices? Thanks

Seems like you say you do something you don't want to give examples of, don;t want to quote prices on and deny getting PMS about. O.K.

And no, What the Fuck always trumps Fuck you. ;)