Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bucs0981

Boston series

Third run this series from a productive out. If Jaso did not deliver with the ground ball, the second out that was hit to the third baseman would have stranded Rodriguez.

Jesus Longoria, you can not let that happen. A fielding error to allow one run and now he gets picked off at third. Now the Sox pitcher walks Carlos Pena to reload the bases. That was a potential run that pickoff gave up. At the very least, he would have to give Carlos a cookie.:rotflmao:facepalm

Sorry Corncob.

Longo has the goat horns on if the Rays lose this one. Nieman's unearned run allowed, the pick off at third AND he did not drive Bartlett in when Bartlett made it to second on the pickoff.

Wow walking Ortiz and putting the tying run at second. I would have put in Benoit rather than walk him.

Maddon has a lot of balls. The tactic paid off.

Agree, that was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen

It happens every 107 years in the American League.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ge-hamiltonwalk081808

But Maddon’s decision Sunday night deserves to be recognized beyond the borders of Hazleton. The Rays, citing data provided by the Society for American Baseball Research (SABR), said Hamilton’s intentional walk was the first time in 107 years that an American League player was walked intentionally with the bases loaded, and only the fifth time overall since 1900.

The SABR folks said that before Hamilton, the last American Leaguer to be given an intentional walk with the bases loaded was Napoleon Lajoie of the Philadelphia Athletics on May 23, 1901.

Maybe we need to get some salary for Carl Crawford. I hate to see him with Boston or New York.

This! :thumbsup

It was the best move walking Ortiz three times after Youlis went out as the kid filling in was over matched all night!

I will say again Benoit and Soriano may be the best one way closing team in MLB even if Soriano was a little shaky last night! :thumbsup