Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hayseed

it's over

A big tip of the hat goes out to Hayseed for his reverse mojo. The Rays probably didn't need it, but then again, maybe it was a key to their winning.

I'm a big believer in superstition and karmic forces, and I can attest to the awesome OJOM powers of Hayseed. :thumbsup

If Hayseed didn't give us his ojom, we would have lost. God bless you, Sir. If not for you, the world would have known the torture of even louder-mouthed BoSox fans.

It also helped that I studiously avoided posting about the Rays all season. If I posted about them, they wouldn't have won the division. If I went out and replaced my old green Devil Rays cap, which doesn't fit because it's fitted, and I bought it back when I used to shave my head, and it now has mold on it, we would have never made the playoffs. If I don't start watching the game from the top of the first, and come into the middle of the game, we'll lose. If I don't scream at the TV until I lose my voice, we lose. I wish all of this weren't true, I really do. I understand the responsibility Hayseed has, as it is a terrible burden to be that important of a gear in the machinery, but we all have our cross to bear.

My shoulders are sore from having the weight of all of Tampa Bay's sports on them.

Oh, and screw Philthy. Even the cosmos, whose whims dictate my behavior in regards to the teams I support, understand that I MUST spit venom in the direction of the city of Philthadelphia, and their hateful garbage-dicked fans.

Thats it. This is for real. There is no way possible that this team can beat Cole Hammels. It is impossible. No way. You'd have to have an all-star team to beat him. He's too good. Kazmir doesnt have what it takes to beat him. Our hitters will be powerless.

We should really just concede this game and be happy we won the pennant.

Its over!!!!!

Thats it. This is for real. There is no way possible that this team can beat Cole Hammels. It is impossible. No way. You'd have to have an all-star team to beat him. He's too good. Kazmir doesnt have what it takes to beat him. Our hitters will be powerless.

We should really just concede this game and be happy we won the pennant.

Its over!!!!!

Word:thumbsup

As Rube Baker said in Major League II:

"Hell, when a man's lights are about to go out... the FAT LADY CAN'T SING IF IT'S NOT OVER!!"

As whatever his name was said in Major League I:

"every sports writer in the nation is picking us to finish dead last. So let's go out and feed them a nice big shitburger."

Bad News Bears all series. That is what hurts the most - how badly the Rays played. They really didn't play all that well in game 2...

AL Champs is a pretty good year, just thought they were a better team coming into the WS. I guess they were not as good as many of us thought.

Hidden
Bad News Bears all series. That is what hurts the most - how badly the Rays played. They really didn't play all that well in game 2...

Yet people want to start warm fuzzy feel good threads..

AL championship isn't shit! It may be the only one we ever see tho