Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

piscitelli

Do the Red Sox Have the Worst Fans?

I think you guys pretty much hit the nail on the head. Thanks for the perspective Ellie as I know people that are the humble fans that were so excited to win in 04 and didn't let that poison their blood. You guys might have a new look next year with a couple of guys switched out, but I have no doubt that Theo is going to have another sick team out there. See ya next year and lets keep in clean in Spring Training.

I saw this on another board and thought it was a great post. It's for all the bandwagon Red Sox fans that didn't know the difference between Big Papi and Big Bird before 2004, but who think it's wicked cool to insult other teams and their fans...

MightyHGH wrote:

Lets hear it folks. What is it about Red Sox fans that drive you nuts?

Posts like this is the exact reasons why Red Sox fans drive us nuts. Your extreme arrogance and being poor winners is by far worse than any Yankee fan I have ever come across.

Where are the humble Red Sox fans? You know where they are? They are all dead cause they weren't alive when the Red Sox finally won it all.

Take Cardinals fans....when do you ever see an arrogant Cardinals fan? What about Angels fans...etc

You know who was the most humble of fans? The 2003 Aaron Freaking Boone Red Sox fans. Cause they understood what fans go through. They had their hearts ripped out of the chest and left there to die as Boone made them their bitch.

What happened to those fans? Oh yeah, they overcame a 3 - 0 game lead to the Yankees and went on to win the 2004 WS.

Thats the day the Red Sox fan of past had died. They simple forgot about Bucky Dent, Mookie Wilson, Ray Knight, Bill Buckner, Calvin Schraldi, Aaron Boone, etc etc etc. Their self regulated fear of losing was lost. They acted as if they just recovered from acrophobia (fear of heights) and now were sky diving and rock climbing, cause that fear of what caused them all that pain had now been reversed.

They forgot what it was like to be a fan and instead they became a cult. A cult full of pink hats, "knuckleballs", arrogance and a sense of entitlement that they used to hate. And who was that hate for entitlement? The Yankees. The Red Sox had become what they feared most. They were those bronx bombers, arrogant a$$es that at any chance would remind you <b>27 world champions!!!!!!!!!!!!</b>. But now instead of 27, we hear 2 of the last 4 years!!!!!!!

So you (im asuming you are a Red Sox fan) can ask the question "what drives us nuts". But how about you do some self examining and try to find that fan of the past. The one who might have cried when Ray Knight rounded 3rd during game 6 of the 1986 WS. Or the guy who wanted to break his TV when Boone sent the ball over the wall when Wakefield came in for relief. Or how about the 27 times the Yankees have won the world series. How did it make you feel. Were you jealous, didn;t you just hate it when a Yankees fan reminded you at every chance that you hadnt won jack $h1T.

So go drive yourself nuts if you want to be a 2008 Red Sox fan. Try to find the 1978, 1986 or 2003 Boston Red Sox fan in you. I think it will help you be a better Red Sox fan, baseball fan and by far a better person.

Just wanted to take credit for the above piece since bucforce left my name off of it.

original link to what i typed 10-11-2008 (i tried to post the link, but it says i havent posted enough on this site to be able to post links)

Just google my first sentence "Posts like this is the exact reasons why Red Sox fans drive us nuts." and you will find my original rant.

Go Bucs....good showing in Seattle!!!!

http://www.raysbb.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10236&view=next&sid=62cd478a69a7d09ba01dc0960d805185

Just wanted to take credit for the above piece since bucforce left my name off of it.

original link to what i typed 10-11-2008 (i tried to post the link, but it says i havent posted enough on this site to be able to post links)

Just google my first sentence "Posts like this is the exact reasons why Red Sox fans drive us nuts." and you will find my original rant.

Go Bucs....good showing in Seattle!!!!

What does my first sentence say? I didn't take credit for the post either...Welcome to the board :mad:

What does my first sentence say? I didn't take credit for the post either...Welcome to the board :mad:

I'm aware you didnt personally take credit for the rant, but if you find something writen by someone on a different site, you should link to it atleast. Many of the posters on here took it as if it were your words.

No biggy, just wanted to set the record straight that is all.

I remember this turd sandwich from the Bay. Selgy, nobody gives a shit what you think.

Thank you for being respectful and mature.

And you know what got me the "turd sandwich" respect???? Cause I wished everyone a safe new years and posted a link to a AAA/Budweiser free tow service. Yeah, what a terrible person I am.

People like to point out that 80% of the Rays fan base came on board in the last 2 months, well 75% of the "Nation" came on board in the last 4 years. I don't remember hardly ever seeing a Boston fan outside of New England until this decade, now they are everywhere. These people that you see aren't the Red Sox fans that suffered (for the most part) they are the people who have only known success. So introspection will do nothing for most of these chumps, only a swift kick in the balls in the form of an ALCS defeat by our own hand (or foot, I guess) can deliver them from evil.

quick story - i was at a WHITE sox rays game last year and sitting in my row was a family with all red sox gear on, this game kaz was pitching and he stunk up te joint and the rays were out of it very early.....in the 7th inning fans started to file out of the dome and the mother leans over to me and says "peope are leaving early. this would never happen at Fenway" i go ma'am you are wrong.... what about game 5 of the alcs. they all left pretty damn early when you down big..... she was like oh really and never looked my way the rest of the game

the whole game they cheered against the rays.... what turds

As far as most arrogant and annoying fans of teams go, Red Sox nation is up there, but here would be my completely unscientific and subjective list across all sports:

3. Florida Gator fans. I hate to acknowledge that, because I have a UF degree and I count myself as a Gator fan. But I'm not purebred and I remember the days before I had any allegiance there. No doubt Gator fans can be arrogant and haughty beyond any decent level of tolerance. I would have listed Nebraska fans here, or Notre Dame fans, or fans of some other has-been school, but it's difficult to take those guys seriously. I can't really hate them -- they deserve pity, not scorn. A lot easier and much more relevant to hate on fans of a team that has won multiple football and basketball championships in the last half-decade, as opposed to really memorable (yawn) Holiday Bowl shutouts. ROFL.

2. Montreal Canadiens (I like to spell it "Canadians" on message boards just to piss them off). I'm not even a huge hockey fan but when the Lightning were on their Cup run a few years ago I did log on to some sites for the Flyers, Flames, and Canadiens, and the sense of entitlement is mindboggling. So mindnumbingly haughty they would barely acknowledge the Lightning as an NHL team much less a playoff opponent. The Lightning swept the Habs in 4 games and their response was simply to pretend that the games were not played, because losing to some warm-weather newbie team literally did not fit into a belief system capable of being processed with those puny little French-Canadian minds of theirs.

1. European cycling fans. It was such a pleasure to hang around their message boards for all those years as Armstrong dominated the TdF. You know the weird thing about those fuckers is that they value "panache" over actual results. That's why that idiot Frenchmen Fignon lost to Greg Lemond way back when -- he had a slim lead and presumed through supreme arrogance that he could not be overtaken and then went out without taking steps to maintain aerodynamic integrity during the last time trial so he could preen for the fans with his long flowing locks wafting in the wind. Lemond kicked his ass and won the Tour by an overall 3 seconds. Fignon collapsed on his bike after the stage - arrogant, pathetic, and delicious to watch. The Euros hated Armstrong and his teams because they were relentless and methodical in destroying all challengers by maintaining deadly paced climbs on the mountain ascents, then Armstrong would simply take over when everyone else was exhausted and cruise to wins. On the rare occasions when he was challenged, he held grudges and ground his rivals into the dust. They fucking hate the guy and have convicted him based on innuendo and rumor, because he dared to dominate without genuflecting in their general direction as he re-wrote the script on how to win the Superbowl of their sport 7 straight times. If you ever want to go slumming and be an ugly american online log on to cyclingforums.com and start a thread in the grand tours section and pimp for Armstrong. It will be great fun. There's one particular mod there, some arrogant Irish prick named "Lim", who is particularly fun to fuck with.

I would have listed Boston Red Sox fans, except it's hard to single out fans of the franchise. I mean we might as well include Celtics fans, Patriots fans, and Bruins fans too. The fact is, anyone from Boston is pretty annoying, with those stupid accents and working-class inferiority complexes, etc. Hating on Red Sox fans alone seems unfair.

People like to point out that 80% of the Rays fan base came on board in the last 2 months, well 75% of the "Nation" came on board in the last 4 years. I don't remember hardly ever seeing a Boston fan outside of New England until this decade, now they are everywhere. These people that you see aren't the Red Sox fans that suffered (for the most part) they are the people who have only known success. So introspection will do nothing for most of these chumps, only a swift kick in the balls in the form of an ALCS defeat by our own hand (or foot, I guess) can deliver them from evil.

And that's why it was so easy for me to be a Rays fan. I know how to lose, I've been a Cubs fan for over 50 years.:rotflmao

quick story - i was at a WHITE sox rays game last year and sitting in my row was a family with all red sox gear on, this game kaz was pitching and he stunk up te joint and the rays were out of it very early.....in the 7th inning fans started to file out of the dome and the mother leans over to me and says "peope are leaving early. this would never happen at Fenway" i go ma'am you are wrong.... what about game 5 of the alcs. they all left pretty damn early when you down big..... she was like oh really and never looked my way the rest of the game

the whole game they cheered against the rays.... what turds

saw a lot of'em leaving fenway early today :rotflmao